Monday, January 14, 2008

"Nice Tootoo" said the man. "Lasciami in pace!" said the woman


First day of class was a success! Art History at 9:30 with Doby (the character from Harry Potter aka my cute Italian art history teacher) followed by my first Italian class.  Mi chiamo Allison (My name is Allison) My teachers name is Matilda and I can already tell that this is going to be my favorite class. She taught us how to say "get off" and "get away from me, leave me alone" (Lasciami in pace!) so that the 10 girls out of the 12 kids in my class could finally learn how to tell the greasy Italian men to stay away.  Unfortunately tonight when the Gorilla and I attempted to go on another glorious run (however the Gorilla's left barbarian foot started to hurt so instead we took a 2 hour walk wearing our spandex again because it was too cold to wear anything else) we were yelled at on our way home by two men: "I like your tootoo, nice ass, thank god to your mother" but it was too hard to a.  to remember what we had learned in class and b. too hard not to laugh... we just walked off (So Linda J and Jenny I, mad props mad props! but we love you more than they do!) Anyhoo, after I learned the basics in Italian (I can count to ten!), I traveled closer to my apartment for lunch and then went to the other campus that is actually down the street for an afternoon of painting. There are only 3 other students in the class and my professor seems like he is going to be very entertaining and fabulous: gay American artist meets the Italian world, what more could you want.  Class ended and then the 2 hour walk began and then dinner. The Gorilla and I still have not gone to the market or grocery store (so I lied earlier that we were going) but we promise we are going tomorrow. I had my first experience with  real Italain gelato and I may never go to the market because gelato tastes better than anything I am ever going to cook and it only costs 3 euro (but that is 6 dollars if I convert it in US dollars...I could get a whole collider and more for that but AHH I can't think that way...bad Allison) The Gorilla and I were going to go out to this club called Yab (apparently it is the best Monday night "hot spot" with popcorn bowls at the bars (thats why I wanted to go..free food) and break dancers compete!) but we were too cold, tired after our first exciting day of class and 9:30 class in the morning (granted they are not Michigan 8:30's that I am used to...it is still pretty early) Off to bed! Buonanotte!

No comments: