Saturday, January 19, 2008

ponte vecchio surprise and internet eyes


Today they Gorilla and I attempted to go to a wax museum on the other side of the Arno after our book arts class but it was closed (it has really weird hours but in the Gorilla's Art Book it said it was a hidden treasure of Florence and it is supposed to be really freaky...advised to bring your children and you all know the Gorilla and I would of fit in quite nice) Instead we walked along the Ponte Vecchio, did some window shopping for our future wedding rings (Attention for future husbands who happen to be reading my blog: the first store on the left when entering on to the bridge is holding my ring for me.) On Tuesdays and Thursdays I have a big break in between classes, so I am hoping to use that time to explore my new found motherland. I went to the bus station to buy my first ticket to Siena.  Tomorrow the Gorilla and I will take our first true adventure on our own.  Our weekend is rather packed: Siena tomorrow, Bologna on Saturday (free with the program) and Pisa on Sunday...So much to see in not so much time.  There are busses and trains that go out of Florence to all of the these Tuscans cities every half and hour. For dinner, the Gorilla and I made Champion House/Hibatchi style cabbage (a little soy sauce, a little cabbage, a little pan of fry-ness and wa-la....iron chef watch out!) I ended up staying in tonight to try to get my travel schedule together because I have learned very quickly that it is extremely difficult to travel around.  Even though flights and trains are cheap, things still add up. It is now 3 in the morning and I still have not been able to book one thing and I have been searching now for 4 hours (I am slow...what can I say?) Okay now I am getting delusional..buonanotte! (post from thursday january seventeenth)  

No comments: