Monday, February 11, 2008

Rain Rain Go Away, If You Won't We Won't Stay.

In the middle of the night I awoke to a burst bee's moppity-mop-it traveling hippie climbing into the top bunk of the Gorilla's bunk bed. We had been expecting our other mysterious roommate to arrive but we did not expect it to be at 4:00 in the morning. She started talking to us as if it were 4 in the afternoon, but still a little drugged from the tylenol pm I took last night (because I was about to kill the Gorilla with my snores the night before. I normally don't snore but I have a wee bit of a cold, and the Gorilla told me she didn't sleep at all last night because shnoze face me was growling the whole night) I remember briefly talking to her but then I dozed right back to sleep. She climbed right into the unmade pasty colored mattress and went to bed, no sheets no pjs. When our alarm went off the Gorilla and I showered and got dressed as soon as possible for fear our roommate might want to join us for the day. We were not sure if she was traveling by herself. Unfortunately it was raining so the Gorilla and I decided to take the late train home tonight so we wouldn't a. have to pay another night at the fema b. be in the rain all day and c. so we could come home to our own beds and enjoy a relaxing Sunday. We ventured around Venice all day, dodging umbrella tops and while drinking bellini's. We checked our bags in at the train station so we didn't have to carry them around. I discovered that my new favorite drink is the Bellini and I could drink it for breakfast, lunch and dinner. What a great discovery, something my parents will be so proud of, their daughter discovering her favorite alcoholic drink. Life changing! Miraculously we were able to get a cheaper train home and we even got a voucher for a free train ride to use at a later date. We boarded the train to Bolgna. Exhausted I went into narco narco state of being. We got off at Bolgna only to realize that our next train wasn't going to take us to the right train station in Florence. Typical. Rather than buying another ticket we decided to be the inferior Gorilla and sidekick and just hop aboard the train we wanted to go on. With no seating assignments and no legit ticket we picked a random cart with a sleeping artist/ former jazz club piano player (I am not sure what he really does, those are just my guess, if I had to choose). The train clicker came around, noticed we had the wrong tickets and then proceeded on to the next cart. It must have been a lucky ticket because I know the Gorilla and I are not lucky. We made it home safe and sound.

p.s. For those of you wondering...Venice is not sinking. I learned this weekend that it is actually the water that is rising and it won't be for another 200 years or more until it goes under. So those of you aka the Gorilla who told me that Venice was going to sink in the next 10 years, have no fear and you are wrong! But still go visit Venice. Best city in the world.

No comments: