Sunday, March 9, 2008

100 Posts from the Poster.

THIS IS MY 100th POST!
We woke up from a good nights slumber only find out that the "included" breakfast that was mentioned on their website, was actually not included unless you paid an extra 2.50. I am not sure about you but having to pay any extra is not something I would call included. Obviously we got it but after eating it I regretted every second of it. It was euro store croissants (and trust me I know everything that comes out of that euro store, you can't fool me), watered down O to the J and what I thought was going to be a big cup of coffee American style, ended up being a big cup of luke warm milk with a few droplets of coffee. Just slightly disappointed about this whole breakfast thing, the Gorilla and I decided to head to the water, to grab a cup of coffee on the beach. When all is said and done, you can't be disappointed when you just paid 2.50 for a terrible breakfast, when you can leave and say "hey lets go the beach". We had a few hours to kill before the besty of the bestest, Miss Monica Beth (she hates when people know her middle name...but spread the world it is BETH) was to meet us at the hostel. We finally purchased some new 2 in 1 shampoo conditioner combo after a month of thinking that we were both being sneaking about stealing our roommates hair products. I also bought a HUGE bottle of Johnson and Johnson's Baby Body Lotion, the kind that makes little kids butts smooth. Our apartment is really dry and my skin looks similar to an alligator with spots. Remind me if I ever start freaking out because I can't understand how and when and where I spent all of my money, calm me down and mention "lotion". The lotion that I bought was 5 euros (that is 10 American dollars for Johnson and Johnson's baby lotion!) But hey it was the cheapest one, and now I am going to be soft like a babies butt. Okay where was I. Monica finally called us and we rushed her into the hostel, so she could change into her bathing suit. We all felt a little disgusted looking at our pale, (mine rather giggly) bodies in the mirror but you only live once. Naturally after talking about how ugly we looked, we decided we should eat. Even when your feeling down, eating always makes you feel better. We headed down to the beach and attempted to lay out on a random hotel's beach chairs but that didn't last too long. 5 euros each when we could just lay out on our stolen towels, not worth it. We ordered chicken salads, "chips" (as Monica now calls them...but the rest of us who are not a proper, we can then french fries) and a huge pitcher of Sangria. The salads were delicious and come to think of it, it is the first "real" large salad that I have had since I have been here. AND THEY HAD KETCHUP. Oh how I miss ketchup. I think you can buy it here for you know 12 euro. I don't love it that much. It was not boob-sweat-hot-dying-to-jump-in-the-ocean-hot but it was potential sun tan weather, and it was warm enough for me. We all crashed on the salt and pepper beach until around 4:30, when decided that we should probably go back, take showers, and EAT AGAIN. I feel like 90 percent of my blogs are describing the food that I eat, but I am really good at it, so I feel I must tell you all. Monica actually got burnt but only half of her body. She was the only one remotely sitting in the sun during lunch but you can't escape the sun. We all got dressed and headed down stairs to get a recommendation for dinner. Not to complain because I feel like this entire post is me just complaining but we did indeed walk around the whole city in search of the restaurant that the little Argentinean woman swore to us that every local would know and that we had to go to get real Spanish food. We kept asking everyone where it was because we were lost and my little amount of spanish did not help. In circles and in circles we did go until I stopped a woman whom I thought might actually know English but like the old saying goes you can't judge a book by its cover. She knew less english than anyone we had already asked but she understood us enough and rather than trying to explain where to go she just made us follow her. There was no escaping her, she was on a mission. Around a few corners and down a few blocks we finally got to the "El Gallo" restaurant only to find out that it was closed. We would of never found it on our own probably because there was NO sign for the street that it was located on nor a sign with the restaurants name on it. So instead of being adventurous, we decided that the 5 euro greasy chinese buffet was a much better idea. and sure enough, it was. Stuffed, bloated, fat-pig are words to describe my feelings after dinner. We were going to go out but after our little dinner adventure we decided that eating lemon-ice in bed while watching a movie was a much better idea. I never hate a night in in my pj's eating food, watching a movie, with my two lovers. "Snatch" was the bed time story of choice. It didn't take me more than 15 minutes to fall asleep, so don't even worry. Tomorrow off to Estepona. Not sure if Lime, Joj and Karp are coming anymore. I got an anonymous call earlier today. It ended up being Lime and in 15 seconds she explained that she didn't know if they were going to be able to make it down anymore. Without little explanation, she was gone. We shall see.

No comments: