Monday, March 31, 2008

i am a model and you know what i mean.

Monday monday monday. A beautiful Monday indeed. Being here has made me actually not hate Mondays so much. I thought I was in big Italian doggie doo doo today because I forgot to do my Italian homework and then realized 10 minutes before the class that I should probably start it but there was just not enough time. I think my teachers have been able to get into my mind lately and when I arrived in Italian my teacher told us we were going on a field trip after we went over the first part of our homework. The same first part that I was actually able to complete. Then, we took a class walk to the Arno to watch jets fly over us shooting Green, Red and White smoke from them. The "president" (even though I didn't think there was a government in Italy right now) was in town visiting Florence. To show some country pride, the jets decided to give the city a show. We saw the jets go over our heads twice while walking to the river but by the time we finally got to the river, the show was over. It wasn't all that sad because a. we did get to see part of the show and b. we got to leave almost an hour early. Anna's for lunch ( I attached a picture of the table that I sit at...for visuals) For some reason, my favorite delight tasted more delicious than usual and the Gorilla and I were on the verge of ordering another one but we held back and told ourselves that we didn't deserve it and that our minds were just playing tricks on us. Indeed they were!! I picked up some euro store bubble gum and h20 and headed to painting. I will weirdly not get far on my painting at all and my teacher will love it. I will weirdly scribble in something and he will love it more than the stuff I actually spend long hard hours on but he is really encouraging about all my work which makes me excited. I am documenting my process so hopefully pictures will be coming soon. After class, I was exhausted and I came home to "write emails" in my bed which eventually led to a cat nap. The Gorilla and I cooked up a delicious couscous topped with chicken and veggies. We sat up on the balcony in hopes to see a glimpse of the President of Italy but instead we were able to see the blue sky and the Duomo glistening in the sun (so it was almost as good!) We finally got rid of the lentils today and I will never go back to those mushy days ever again! Tonight, I had a fashion meeting at school. My roommate asked me to be a model for her for the fashion show our school is throwing on at the end of the semester. She is in a garment construction class and obviously she couldn't resist picking the worlds most beautiful people, duh, the me and the Gorilla. However, I left the meeting a wee bit worried because they said I would have to wear high heals (gold ones to be specific) and that I would have to straighten my hair AND that I should probably practice. I am going to have to watch a few episodes of America's Next Top Model to get a few tricks. At the end of the semester the show will be held at this trendy club called 21 and we get a VIP room after the party! Bed time stories and catching up on life. Think of a photo project, think Allison, Think!

THIS POST IS FROM TODAY! WHOO HOO I AM FINALLY CAUGHT UP AND MY INTERNET WORKS!!

No comments: