Wednesday, March 5, 2008

I Dropped His Heart In The Middle Of The Street.

My pangram post card project was due today in book arts. Every one in my class had to make twelve of the same post cards using imagery and the letter press. For those of you unaware of what a pangram is, it is basically a sentence that uses every letter of the alphabet. I technically cheated and used two sentences but mine read "three zealous quaker men in tall socks with four puffing pipes stand behind these doors just waiting. You may choose doors 1 2 or 3 to find out whom your one true husband might be". In the postcard I cut three little doors and standing behind each door is a different zealous quaker man with four puffing pipes in tall socks. We all exchanged post cards and most them were crappy but we learned how to make boxes for them and they are pretty awesome. Carli came up to visit the Gorilla and I today. We couldn't let her come to Florence without taking her to Anna's so we obviously brought her there for lunch and then we were in the mood for some dried fruit so we took her to the market. Photog crit today, went splendid. I honestly learn something insane about my photog teacher each class and today she told us about an outer body experience she had at a cemetery. She said when she came back from the cemetery she realized that she had left part of herself there. I am not sure what to think of this hairy-mole-hippie-commune living-communist. Apertivo at Noir for Caz's last night. On our way there a man stopped me in the streets and said "excuse me ma'am you dropped something. I being the worlds most dropping person, actually thought I dropped something as he pointed to the ground, I replied with a "what", and he looks me in the eye and says "Oh it was my heart". Still confused as if I really dropped something, I finally realized what he said but then was weirded out when I saw him continue down the street with a girl. The Gorilla suggested it was probably his sister. Unfortunately he was not too attractive.  I left dinner feeling rather nauseous  but decided that a diet coke would settle my stomach but then I felt like I was an 80 year old man with heart burn. Had a slight bit of a freak out because I realized at 10 p.m. that I still had 8 paintings to do and still had to finish studying for Art History. First signs of the old freak out Allison started coming back. I was able to get it done but I watched myself head down that path and it was bad. Bad allison. 3 am bed time.

No comments: