Monday, March 31, 2008

Sunday is a good day to do nothing.


Not only was it the Italian day light savings time today, it was also the first time that the Gorilla and I have actually stayed in bed past 9. It was probably not the best idea to sleep in on the one day where you lose an hour but it didn't seem to put a damper on our day. Today was another glorious day. The sun shining, the air smelled liked sweet honey and fresh cut grass. For some reason we thought we were special human beings and deserved to go out to eat today. We seem to be doing that alot lately. Today we convinced ourselves that since we missed eating breakfast, we should go for brunch and because we would normally spend 5 euro on breakfast (which we hardly do) and 5 euro on lunch (which we actually some times do, when we get dried fruit and Anna's). And what would a brunch be if it weren't at a restaurant called "American Brunch" We spent an usual and ridiculous amount of time getting ready today, probably because it was sunny and warm and our wardrobe options have sure opened up. We didn't leave the apartment until 2:15. Greek Omelet with fruit and toast, potatoes, side salad, ketchup and fresh black berry jam, with a side of American Coffee and Natural water. For 10 euro it was sure worth it. We sat out side, we watched tour groups with back packs and sunglasses follow the leader, we watched little boys drag bags of trash bags down the street and even made friends with a 6 year old Italian boy. The only unfortunate part about this whole dining experience was when the Jap squad entered sporting American Apparel's entire clothing line and Ugg boots with hobo bags and sun glasses bigger than their face. It is so sad that they think they are making a fashion statement or let alone that they think it is a trend because oversized t-shirts and sweat pants tucked in your boots and straight greasy hair seems more like something a hobo would wear, maybe thats why they call the style of purse that they all carry hobo's because they want to look like them. Its a little ironic the world snottiest people would want to look like hobo's. I can't believe I am dedicating this much of my blog space for this enough. After our delicious brunch and stories about crazy babysitters, and thank you notes written in black berry jam, (see above) the Gorilla and I headed back home to pick up a book, a blanket and our journals to bring to the Boboli gardens. After yesterdays magical day, I became obsessed with the Boboli gardens and I had to return again today. The weather is just incredible, that we couldn't do anything else but sit in a park and relax. We had story time in Boboli gardens and by that I mean I became a book on tape and I read to the Gorilla. We started a new book called "Can You Keep A Secret". Even though Mama I. gave it to me and told me she hated it, we were in the mood for a trashy novel. The author is the same person who wrote all those dumb "Shopaholic" books. 62 pages later, we were interrupted by the lady on the intercom telling us we had to go home. It was a bummer because it was not only a good part in the book but it was that time of day where the sun is still out but it is starting to cool down and there is not a cloud in the sky. We discovered a gigantic Centro. It was like discovering Super Target out south after going to the Target on Ward Parkway for all those years. We were so impressed. With such a late lunch, we thought PB and J and fruit was just what we needed for dinner. We finally made it home around 7. We climbed to the top of our apartment to watch the sun go down, to sip chi tea and finish another chapter in our book. We could of read for another hour or two because the book was full of such intensity but the sun went down and I couldn't see anymore. I went up the art school around 9 and worked for a couple hours on my new painting. I just got home, but my internet is not working so I am typing this on a sticky note on my desk top. I am going to try to go to bed early tonight but I know that that is probably not going to happen because the Gorilla has been asking me a million questions today and she will probably continue until the wee hours.


sunday of the day of the 30th of march-ness two thousand and aight.

No comments: