Sunday, March 9, 2008

Who Knew Owning A Marriott Timeshare Could Be So Depressing?

With all of our guests gone, the Gorilla and I decided to transform back into our 20 year old bodies but switching over to our 80 year old mindsets. I woke up rather early because the silly alarm clock next to my bed was set for an hour later so when I thought it was acceptable to wake up at 9:40, I really woke up at 8:40 (which is not acceptable) Rather than jumping out on to the beach like we did yesterday, I decided that a nice bubble bath would be a good idea, so I hopped in the tub and read my book. I met the Gorilla down stairs at the gym around 9:45 (the real 9:45) and worked out for the first time in a very long time. After being in a bathing suit so much, I realized that I have grown in places that I didn't even know exisited before. A nice little run wouldn't hurt. At 11:30 we met down at the resturant for a "Paella and Sangria Demo". Gathered in a half moon shape around the grill, three older woman and one man sat ready with paper at hand to learn how to make these Spanish cuisines. I have been feeling a little funky the past two days, and my stomach has been uber reactive to the food here, so I didn't feel so good today. Before the cooking class started one of the women was talking about something and all of the sudden my ears zoomed in and I heard in a surprisingly cheerful tone with a harsh southern American accent "well since my husband is dead and I have no children, I thought I might get a timeshare" and then the lady sitting next to her was like "Yeah, my husband is dead too, and I don't have any children either" The Gorilla turned to me and in a very quite voice and mimicked their accents "Well, because I don't have a husband and never want children, I have a Marriott timehshare" It was funny and depressing at the same time to hear these ladies talk. They should definitely not be on the Marriott's board for advertising because you can only imagine a bill board reading "With my husband dead and no children, the Marriott was the perfect place to invest my money". Pointed-sideburns-sweatsuit man taught us how to make Sangria and Paella. Even though my stomach wanted to kill Paella, it was much easier to eat knowing that a. it was free and b. how it was made. Sometimes I wonder when I am eating it, what is what? The Gorilla and I headed down to the beach for the day. Read, Slept, Read Slept. I am living the life. We rented Insomnia from the gift shop and ate Smacks and popcorn for dinner.

No comments: