Sunday, February 17, 2008

Milk Money.

Monica and Crazy Friend went off to Pisa and Lucca while I turned in my first Art History paper. I starting painting a portrait of a girl in my class today. It is quite unfortunate, but she has terrible achne that takes over her face and I had a rather difficult time deciding whether or not to include the blotches/patches of pimples in the painting. For her sake and mine, I left them out and used a more abstract approach, using thick layers of paint instead. Hopefully it turns out okay. After class I headed home to get ready for the evening. I have literally been on the go non-stop and as of now it looks as though I am not reaching for the breaks for a very long. Monica, Crazy Friend and the Gorilla and I headed down the Arno to experience our first true Italian apertivo. (I think I mentioned the whole concept of apertivo, but basically it means "apatizer" time here and most restuarants offer it before they either turn into a club for the night or before they take reservations for dinner) For just 9 euro, they offered us a wide array of cheeses, breads, pastas and many miny finger foods. The deal was that we had to order a drink and then we could hit up the line as much as we wanted. Mojitos all around. We stuffed our stomachs and then headed back home to prepare for my first night out at the the infamous Yab club. Down the street and over a couple of blocks houses the Monday night hot spot where all the local Italian men thrive and the American girls get all japped out for a night of expensive drinks and wild dancing. Obviously, we couldn't miss out on the Monday night scene (clearly, I am always in the scene..puke puke..yeah right, I think this is actually my first Monday night out in my college career. Judge all you want, I am not afraid of my own loserness) Our friend Jordan (who joined us for the evening) got a fb message telling him that if we said we knew Fabio we would be able to cut the lines and get right in. Indeed we did know Fabio and we walked right in. We were forced to check our coats. Monica and I even tried to avoid the extra tariff by putting my coat inside of hers but the bitch bouncer was no dummy. Crazy Girl ran off to see her friends from high school and Monica, Paul, Jordan and I formed our own dance squad and pop lock and dropped it, while ghetto fabulous men who actually knew how to dance showed off their moves. All of the sudden, in the mist of "lettin' my shoulda lean', a posse of big men forced the crowd back and three women wearing very little started stripping what remained of the very little. It was extremely bizzare. Monica and I decided it would be the perfect time to head to the ladies room to freshen up. We ran into yet another jew-crew-camp chi connector, who was visiting for the night from Rome. Around 2 a.m., I was getting pretty exhausted so I convinced the troops it was a good idea to head home. They have a system at these types of places where they give you a punch card when you enter the club and every time you order a drink they punch it and then you have to check out at the end of the evening. We didn't order any drinks but we still had to check out. We waited in line for 10 minutes to find out that our evening of no drinks was still going to cost us 14 euro. Miss Card Check-Out Lady proceeded to tell us as we are paying and fighting about the price, that we could of gotten a free drink. Do you know what I say to that baloney! I quit. No more scene for me! That forever solitified my desire to EVER follow the mass trend of Monday Yab. Regardless what you say 14 euro (almost 28 dollars) for a coat check is not worth it, when I can enjoy a glass of wine at a nice bar and actually hear my friends speak, not WHAT followed by WHAT) I now that I think about it, the money was probably used to pay the strippers that I didn't even ask for. Despite coughing up my milk money to see some hoo ha's, I had a wonderful time with Monica and in the end that was all that mattered. Bed Time.

posted in the year 2008 in the month of february in the day of 11.

No comments: