Sunday, February 17, 2008

When Life Gives You Cucumbers, Make Pretty Pictures.

A little groggy from the night before, I headed to book arts where I learned how to make four different Japanese style bound books. I met monica and Crazy Friend for lunch and obviously I introduced them to my favorite place in the world, Anna's. They enjoyed it, but not as much as I do! We headed to the open market to buy food for 20 people because tonight we decided it would be fun to cook a large feast in honor of Monica's arrival and invite friends to the Ginori to dine and wine. 6 eggplants, 6 zucchinis, 12 mushrooms, 10 tomatoes, 5 sweet potatoes, 1 large loaf of bread, 2 red onions, 1 clove of garlic and a kilogram of meat later, we headed home to drop off our purchases. I introduced the girls to one of my newest favorite and delicious gelatoria discoveries. Overly satisfied from our afternoon treat, I took the girls on a little walk around town. About 5 minutes into our stroll, Monica looked at me and goes "Is that Courtney - - y e r?" Sitting on the steps of the Duomo (aka her second home) was indeed our long lost soccer playing, bible thumping friend Courtney - - y e r. She moved away in middle school and we hadn't seen her in 6 years. She is studying in Florence this semester, what a small world. Photog critique today with the hairy-hippie-mole-face. She loved the project and I hated most peoples work. With one girls project, I thought I was back at Michigan where the toilets don't flush and the bullshit keeps rising. However, hairy-mole, knew better and called that stank out. While I was in class, Monica worked the kitchen, making scrumptious bologanese sauce, dicing potatoes, and stirring pasta. I came home and set the table and then the Ginori house became quite the hoppin place. 16 of us gathered around our dining room table to talk about our weekend adventures, catch up on life and just enjoy the fact that we were all in Italy together. Friends. Food. Fun. Stuffed from dinner, Monica, the Gorilla, Unfortunate Emily and I decided that going to Paul's to hangout was much more exciting than getting freaky to Tuesday night Beatles cover band music. We discovered that cucumbers are delicious and worthless pens are good for playing pick up sticks. Monica and the Gorilla decided to draw a picture my future husband, and from the crystal ball it looks as though he might be an elf, with three curly hairs, a peg leg and skinny tummy. I can't wait! When life give you lemons, make lemonade or when life gives you cucumbers make pretty pictures.

P.S. I forgot to mention that this time when I went to the market, I was threatened to have my baby hands chopped off, however one lady asked me if I was going to eat all of my friends. From prey to predator in just one week. Beware of that market I tell you.

post from the tuesday the twelfth of february in the year to to to aight.

No comments: