Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Soaps and Sickness.

Sad day in Mudville. Monica had to leave extremely early this morning. After not seeing each other for 5 and a half months, 3 nights was just not enough. Luckily, I get to see her again in two weeks for spring break in Malaga. I had another Italian quiz and I think I did pretty good. We are studying the definite and indefinite articles and it is insane how everything is either masculine or feminine. Even table is feminine. Does a table have a vagina? In Italian lab today, we watched an Italian film translated as "The Ignorant Fairy" aka an Italian Soap Opera Film. It was about a woman whose husband died by getting hit by a car in an action packed triple side-swipe-accident. I know it isn't funny, but I couldn't help but laugh when it happened because it was so over dramatized that it was impossible to show any sympathy. After the funeral, the wife goes through their house to get rid of his belongings, and she comes across a painting that is signed on the back "Ignorant Fairy". The wife spends a portion of the film, on a mission to find this "Ignorant Fairy" only to discover that her husband was not only having an affair with another but rather an affair with another man. We haven't finished the rest but I will let you know how it all plays out. To be honest I fell I sleep in parts of it because my body is finally getting back at me for using and abusing it. I am definitely sick. At the end of class, I felt like I was going to faint. Unfortunate Emily made chicken and egg plant parmesan for dinner. It was actually delicious and it even more wonderful that I didn't have to cook. Despite the chills running up and down my spine and despite my runny nose and hacking cough, gelato still sounded amazing. Without shame or regret the Gorilla and I walked in the freezing cold in our sweatpants and no bras in search of gelato and lets just say we didn't return empty handed. Early bed time but not so early sleep time. Too much to do, too many people to talk to. Tomorrow I am off to Lucern Switzerland to spend a romantic Valentines day weekend with none other....the Gorilla.

post from the wednesday of wednesday-ness in the month of feb on the date of 13th in the year of the 2 and thousand of 8-ness.

No comments: