Monday, March 10, 2008

Sunday Is A Good Day To Do Nothing. + "I Didn't Feel Ill After Il Latini. Well Only A Little Bit."

definitelyI tried really hard with all of my might to sleep in but for some reason I just couldn't make it past 9:30. It is just bizarre. All I know is that, I am definitely a morning person. I really felt like doing absotut-en-lutely NOTHING TODAY. Well actually that might be a little bit of a lie (for those of you who find yourself stuck on the chi-o couch all day doing nothing, or any couch in general, I did a little bit more than you did today but don't worry about it, it wasn't much.) I decided it was time I stand up against my fears, my doubts and my rolls of fat and make this whole running thing a new activity in my agenda. Emmmmiiilllyyy (thats how she sounds) decided to join me. It was actually nice to have her along, someone to talk to and listen to. We hit a wee bit of road block on a journey (but a fortunate road block indeed) and discovered that on the first or second Sunday of the month, there is a huge market along the river, the market went on forever. They had buttons, fabric, shoes, clothes, underwear, pig heads, pig legs, gummy stands, and even those special knifes advertised on TVtav.  Eventually Emily and I escaped the market, so we could finish the rest of our run. I came home, decided that showering was overrated, and decided that sitting in my kitchen doing unimportant google searches, blog entries and picture editing was a good use of my time. The Gorilla left me in the kitchen while her and her Gorilla mate ventured outside into the streets of Florence, and 2 hours later, the Gorilla and her Gorilla mate returned and I had not moved an inch. Around 6:00, I decided that I should probably get my move-on and shower because tonight was another night of stuffed stomach fun. Tonight the Gorilla and her Gorilla mate, Erica, Justin-all-the-way-from-barca-barca, Sara, and D-Tislner and I headed to the infamous Il Latini for another shot at the worlds most delicious and filling Italian cuisine.  Before we made our to our 7:30 reservation, we enjoyed some cheers followed by a gulp of champagne while looking at the duomo to welcome the visitors to the best city in the world. If you remember from last time, I came home from Il Latini thinking I was going to rocket power food my from belly button. This time however, I was slightly more prepared so I tried to minimize my food intake in order to save myself from any such actions as exploding my belly button. We all gathered around the table (a not so crowded one) and dined and wined, told stories of weekend adventures and caught up on life and its journeys. The menu was pretty much the same as last time and I was able to ooo and ahh over the "little blanket" pasta smothered in boar sauce. However, I must say, that the dessert and the waiter were much better the first time around. Surprisingly, I was able to get up from the table and actually walk all the way back home without feeling like I was going to vomit (high five) D-Tils decided that it would be a good idea to be a Luke Sky walker Litesaber from the illegal immigrant selling light up sunglasses, flowers and swords. Rather than asking the price, D-Tils reached in his pocket, pulled out all of the change he had (nothing more than a euro and something) and plopped in the guys hand and took the sword. Highly entertaining! Pretty much in food coma, I came home and went right to bed. Last night of Spring Break. Sad indeed.

postness from the dayness of marchness 9thnic.

No comments: