Saturday, May 3, 2008

A Friday In Florence. How About That.


(above: the life after being a model)

This morning we all woke up rather early because I forgot to turn off my alarm on my phone, so at 8 in the morning, beep beep beep woke up all the little chickens. We sipped magical tea, and espresso on the top of the Via dei Ginori Patio of Wonderul and Delight! We gave a shout out to the people touring the Medici Palace, and I tried to wave to the people on the Duomo but I am not sure if they could actually see me. We showered up and headed to the Oil Shoppe for scrump-didly-umpious Oil Shoppe, oily shopness. Normally I get a meatball sandwich but this morning I was more in a salad mood. For only 4.50 I was able to get chicken, eggplant, artichockes, mushrooms, tomatoes and mozzarella.  It was definitely an after noon delight! We walked to the Ponte Vecchio to give Sam a tour of our homeland. Some shopping was done and I actually bought my first scarf since I have been here. And by a scarf, I mean three. I walk past San Lorenzo market every single day, with all of the leather and scarves and goodies, and have yet until today bought something. We also couldn't take Sam on a tour of Italy without taking her to get some Gelato. duh. We brought her to my new"er" favorite Gelato place on the other side of the river expect I happened to order a not so good flavor. I had this feeling that I should of just ordered my usual, cafe and menta, but instead I ordered yogurt nutella (my nutella cravings have come back. I tried to stay away from it the whole semester since my little incident with eating way too much one night but the cravings have come back) and I also got cookies gelato. But now that I look on it, I can't hate that I ordered and proceeded to eat the entire gelato, including the cone, because it was only one euro, or how I accidently pronounced it uno ahhhuuurooo. Every time I say straight up euro (english style, they don't understand me but when I also try to say it the Italian way it just comes sounds like a bunch of vowels howls with an "r" rolled in there somewhere. I was going to head to the art school to do work but then decided a nap was a much better option. At 8 we met at El Gatto for the most delicious balsamic and pizza crust bread. You don't even understand the sensation that goes on in your mouth when the balsamic and bread come together, its like when two become one! All of sudden during our preparation for the game, it started to down pour. Pour down down down down down. I saw my first Italian lighting bolt! We had to take cabs to the club "Central Park" because a. it is really far away and b. it was raining (raining is an understatement) Normally I refuse to take a cab anywhere because it is just ridiculous but I had to conform to Erica's theory because of the rain. and mind you it was ONLY because of the rain. I normally love going to Central Park because they have two dance floors. One for the American ghetto booties and one for the freaky Italian bounce bounce. However tonight because of the rain, and due to the fact that a lot of Americans were out of town traveling, the crowd there was straight up Italian molesters. I am not even kidding someone credit-card swiped my butt. I freaked out at this really ugly man who would not leave us alone. Oh and because of the rain, there was the nile river on the dance floor (clearly in honor of passover) We started the night out late and therefore we got home late.  The Gorilla became a mean Gorilla and would not leave.  Some times the Gorilla get vicious.  She will regret it in the morning I know it.
postness from the friday on the 18th of Friday in the months of april in the year 2008 

No comments: