Saturday, May 3, 2008

The "Item" at the Centro.

The Via dei Ginori house could be considered a hostel this weekend. Slumber party time. Kelsey took over the Gorilla's bed, the Gorilla and Sam snuggled on the Pillow Palace and I dominated my own bed. Exhausted from Central park. We slowly woke up and got ready and then sent the traveling fools to visit the most intriguing (aka touristy parts of Florence) While the visitors were off visiting, Kelsey, Ada and I couldn't resist an Anna's sandwich on this fine Saturday afternoon. We also couldn't resist something sweet to follow it. As we were checking out at the Centro (the grocery store) I was reaching into my bag to grab something (who knows what now) and all of the sudden I feel a man tapping on my shoulder. Sure enough he was tapping me on the shoulder to show me that I had dropped something. This time it wasn't some ones heart, it was actually a feminine product. Giggle-Mc-Grandpa, pointed to the item on the  ground to let me know I had dropped something on the floor. Half embarrassed, half "this is typical Allison", I picked it up and put it back in my purse. The whole incident would have been over, but Gossiping-Giggle-Mc-Grandpa, proceeded to tell everyone, in Italian (but I understood) that I had dropped my feminine product on the ground. That's when it got embarrassing. All of the check out ladies knew, and all of the people around chuckled. Typical Typical Me. Unfortunately, I had a ton of work to get done before next week because it was just the most gorgeous day. I finished photog and worked on a few books. We headed home around 6 but stopped at the Centro to pick up some cheese and crackers for an afternoon roof top delight. Because of the rain, we really have not had that much time to enjoy our large and in charge balcony, so tonight, with all of the visitors into town and the sun glistening, we put together an apertivo. We all took power naps and showered up. We made it over to Za Za's for dinner. Just fabulous. We were all so exhausted, and by the end of dinner, I was almost too tired to even talk. I felt bad that we were not going out tonight but it was almost 12 by the time we finished dinner and my body was going to collapse. We hiked straight up the Via Dei Ginori moutian into bed. Bella luna tonight! Goodnight moon!

No comments: