Saturday, May 3, 2008

My Last Tuesday As A Student In Florence.

In book arts, for our final crit, we had to sign up at different times to meet with the grand and wonderful Pat-The-Book-Arts-Genius.  Obviously the Gorilla and I are early risers and our names were first and second on the list.  Pat seemed to thoroughly enjoy my work, and I let Pat know (in a not so freaky way) that I was madly in love with her and her class and that I wanted to devote the rest of my studies and career to making books.  My life dedicated to books, for books, by books and in the name of books.  After our lover-affair crit, the Gorilla, Kelsey and I tried to hit up the antique markets we read about in the Florentine.  Each week a local newspaper is produced by a group of American students and it gives the ends and outs of places to go and people to see.  Unfortunately the Florentine forgot minor details like times because by the time we made it market, they were closing for lunch.  It was a good sign because I do not need to be spending any more money.  Luckily it was almost time for lunch, well it was actually still a little early but it was of the hour in which it was socially acceptable to eat a tuna, mozzarella and tomato sandwich.  I also had my final photog crit and for some reason (probably because this is my last week being a student here) I had ants in pants the entire crit and had a very difficult time focusing.  So instead, I decided to draw portraits of my class mates, including the commi hippie.  After our crit, our entire house, minus eeeeemiiillly (thats how she talks) met up for dinner.  The Greek place didn't open for take out until 7:30, so we decided that it would be a good idea to work on our oral presentation for tomorrow.  Trishowski (some call her Trisha..one of my many wild and crazy roommates), the Gorilla and I had to come up with a oral presentation for the teacher.  I could of been anything, but obviously we decided to make it over the top.  All of the Via Dei Ginorites gathered around the dining room table in the Via dei Ginori Palace and laughed our butts off while Pants chopped our ears off.  The entire dinner, I couldn't stop laughing because Shasta's smacking really got out of control and I couldn't hear the Gorilla even though she was sitting right across from me.  Depressing evening the house of the Ginorites, packing was our evening activity.

postness from the 23rd of april in the hours of wee ness (that being of late timing) on the last tuesday of the semester in the country of florence in the year 2008. 

No comments: