Monday, May 5, 2008

My Last Wednesday As A Student In Florence.

The Gorilla and I woke up an extra hour early this morning because we thought it might be a good idea to study for at least an hour before and for our Art History exam.  We attempted to study last night but we both knew that getting into bed with our teeth brushed and fully dressed in pj's, was not the best way to study. Especially for a narco-narco like me.  I am rubbing off on the Gorilla and she is slowly moving to the dark side and by dark side I literally mean she can fall asleep in odd situations like with the lights on, music and or the radio.  The dark side = eyes closed. Peanut butter and crackers for breakfast are quite delicious. In attempts to ride our house of food, we decided that rommate stealing (I mean food) is completely acceptable.  After we "B+" (should be read as "b-plused") our Art History exam (I swear they only give out B+'s in this school, so I assume thats what I got my exam) we presented our oral exam.  Last night Trishowski, the Gorilla and I "free-translated" a short script for the big exam.  Watch our Ryan Secreast, the Gorilla might be taking over you show.  We wrote a short exert from an episode of Italian Idol.  The winner would receive the grand prize of a Ferrari and or a picture of one, same thing. Our teachers favorite car, and at the beginning of the semester she told us she would kill for one. The judge was our friend Camile. Her show names was Anni-Ani (translated at butthole year..remember from the beginning of the semester lesson). Trishowski and I were the singers.  We mad Trishowski-stage name, Nine-T-Nine Cent (the name of the euro store) The best part of the whole thing was that Trishowski got so nervous that she actually tried to sing the song for real, where as I made a fool of myself, partially because I am a fool and partially because I can't sing.  Our teacher loved it.  She took us all our for coffee after class and then off to Anna's. Let the count down begin. We have a very short amount of time left and it is imperative to eat Anna's every single day from here on out.  I wouldn't be opposed to eating it twice a day.  We didn't think it was possible and under such pressure and lack of time, Anna's just happen to only have one piece of our favorite kind of bread left. I sacrificed my sould and sucked it up and ate the sandwich on wheat bread but the sensation could not even compare to that of the flat bread.  I had my painting crit today and I promise to post pictures as soon as possible.  Kelsey and I brought snacks but we ended up being the only people to eat them.  I am tell ing you while the euro store has been a blessing because everything in the store is only a euro, it has also be a little devil. I blame the euro store for my florence 15.  The Gorilla and I headed over to Santa Spirito to eat our favorite panino.  We sat on the stairs enjoying the atmosphere and observing the most beautiful men.  It was incredible.  Of course at the end of the semester we discover the Mecca of nice, attractive-non-freaky licking men.  The home dogs and the Gorilla and I decided we should do a Via dei Ginori gelato outing as a family.  After Pants complained the entire way there, we all ordered the delicious gelato from Grom and we all thoroughly enjoyed it.  Pants said it tasted like spoiled milk but after she devoured her 3 euro, bigger than her face gelato, she realized she liked it.  She proceeded to criticize Emily and my gelato selection until mid sentence, Emily snapped but in the most calm voice she said "well, why don't you just shut up". I was dying.  Pants has been quite the chatty kathy lately (I guess you can count an entire semester as "lately") and I think everyone is starting to get annoyed with her.  We still  love her but at the same time we all want to kill her.  Tonight was pretty magical because it was the first time in a long time that we all went out together and I couldn't stop smiling. Just as much as it was magical, tonight was also quite depressing.  1. We had to take down our beloved motherland. Look above our room looks naked! Rather than doing anything remotely productive because my internet went out, the Gorilla and I decided to step back in our past and reminisce about the SMEaster days. One thing lead to the next one story sparked another and we proceeded to stalk the world.  I am terribly ashamed to admit this but I only speak the truth.  I did however figure out a majority of my greece plans and I did pack up life. It still hasn't truly hit me that this week is the last week I will be living in the Via Dei Ginori Palace with the Via dei Ginorites. 

No comments: