Monday, May 5, 2008

My Last Thursday As A Student In Florence.

I am not even sure what happened to this day.  I was like I was conscious of how I was spending my last full day as a student here but at the same time it was like living in a dream world.  At 10:00 we met our book arts teacher at the Strozzi Campus to help set up for our big All Student Art Show tonight.  To be honest I was pretty worthless because I was more interested in figuring out my trip to Greece and knowing that I would have to come back up to school later, made me even more uninterested.  I have been on quest for two things since I got here. 1. leather boots, real leather boots, not 24 euro plastic boots from Lucca. 2. a leather purse. In the leather capitol of the world, you would that the simple task of finding such items like leather boots or leather jackets, would be rather easy but not for me.  I am the worlds pickiest person and if it doesn't feel 100% right, I won't buy it.  We scoped out the leather market before making are way to Anna's.  I was worried after yesterdays sandwich disaster but Anna pulled through and the sandwich was the juiciest and hottest it has ever been.  We had to meet the commi hippie at school at 2:30 to help set up for the show, again.  It was kids of a bummer that we were having to spend out last day, not to mention last and beautiful day inside but after going to the show tonight it was sure worth it.  I am not sure what maade our house think it was a good idea to go to the CEA dinner tonight.  I think it was the email titled "Included CEA Dinner @ Mediterranean Restaurant" that reeled us in.  Yes, indeed it was that. We literally have not seen most of the CEA kids who are not in the art school all semester (which is about 90%).  It has been a blessing because I have never met such awful, ungrateful, waste of space people in my life.  I left like I was at an awkward BBYO or one roommate said High School event where it is just painful because you don't want to talk to anyone but the people you know. For us it was the Art school CEA kids that actually showed up were the people from my house.  The food was fabulous but we peaced out early in order to get to our show.  Wine, food, friends, farewell.  I love my teachers, my friends that I have made.  We stayed until 11. The pictures above capture the atmosphere more than the words.  

Quote of the evening: "So Nick, what was it like to get hit by a car" -Pants

We packed up what remained and the Gorilla and her sidekick went to bed for the last night in their cozy cots.  They loved their room and did not want to leave.

see woah see woah

posted on the date of april 24th, on the day of thursday, in the only year that is now, 2008. 

No comments: