Saturday, May 3, 2008

Project Runway. Run Away.

The Gorilla and I have been having a difficult time waking up the morning the past couple of days. In book arts we learned the final way of making a book. So sad but I know how to make a profession hard cover book! I have loved that class and my teacher Pat is so incredible. The Prague-ites , that being Emmie and Katie met us at Anna's with Erica and Sara. Unfortunately they were not able to taste the splendor that is Anna's because they already ate lunch but they were able to soak up the atmosphere and by the pure act of watching, I think they could understand why it was such a treat. The Gorilla and I obviously could not survive a Thursday afternoon of communistic photog with out fruit to sugar coat our minds. The good thing about photog today was that we were able to leave at 6 because tonight I would transform my weird awkward Allison self into a high end fashionista and model. Why we needed 4 and a half hours to get ready for the show is still beyond me but hey I am a model and you know what I mean, I just do my little turn on the cat walk. And when I say transform myself into a model, I ain't lyin! I didn't even recognize myself when I looked in the mirror. With my hair straight, white lip stick smothered all over my face, and electrifying eye make up. The girl who did my make up literally took eye liner and made stripes under my eyes. The other girl who did my eye liner literally took a sharpie to my eyes, not really but it sure looked like it. I may never be able to fully get it all of it off. My roommate made the dress I was to show off to the audience. The fashion was set up ATM and Project Runway style and both the models and the designers were being judged. The show was at this kinda skeezy club called 21. I had never heard of it before, but the lighting in the bar and on the dance floor were freaky and everyone looked like they had painted their faces purple and bleached their teeth white (I guess some call that sensation, a black light). The show started around 10. I was the third girl to go on. Damn. I didn't even know I had it in me to be a model. I walked my walked, popped a couple of peace signs, and shook my bon bon across the seizure stage. The stage had these squares of neon lights, and I was more worried about having a epileptic attack than actually falling in my 12 inch heals. Yes, I had to wear heals that made me 10 inches taller than my 5 6 beautiful bod. I came to conclusion that the designers and the teacher didn't really like me for who I am, and that the straight hair, crazy make up and 10 inch heals were their way of kindly covering it up. Well poo poo on them. My roommate, Tricia, told me that she couldn't wait for me to go back to straight hair Allison because she couldn't handle it and that it just didn't fit me at all. My curly hair really does make me, me. The show lasted about 2 hours. My roommate Emily won best designer and my friend Erin one best model. When they made the announcement, all of my hopes and dreams of every becoming a model went down the drains. And thank god I didn't win! All of my teachers were at the there and after the show we danced the night way and sipped cocktails model style. Erica, Sara, Emmie, Katie, Dara, Effie and Mir were all there for moral support. It was weird to see my painting teacher get his groove on but we danced with our teachers anyway. Froto, the art historian really knew how to put her hands up for Detroit. The Gorilla and I were pretty tired, tired of being models, tired because it was late and decided to head back home. Sam, the Parisian, wonder, is also visiting this weekend, so Rayha (the no fun funner) met us at our apartment to deliver another chicken to stay with the Via dei Ginorites. Welcome Sam Our friend Kelsey joined us for a slumber party and we spooned and giggled!

post ness from the seven teenth ness of april on a thursday in the year of 2008

No comments: