Sunday, March 23, 2008

A Bay Bay.

I woke up extra early because not only did I realize that I didn't know anything for my Italian quiz, and that I should probably study, I also realized that I had left all of my Italian books in my parents hotel. I got ready extremely fast and headed over there for an early morning study session followed by an early morning breakfast session. Today the family heads to Rome, so after my Italian quiz, which I believed I passed with flying colors, I met the family at the San Lorenzo market as they finished purchasing their final florentine finds. I brought them to the Marcano Central experience of the open market. I just love the atmosphere there and the dried fruit. We all got something different from the various stands. I ended up making a bold move and giving "baby cutting hands" a new beginning and I ordered one of the most delicious sandwiches. Salami with pesto, cheese and sun dried tomato on flat bread. We were rushed a bit for lunch because after we had already started eating we found out that we were apparently sitting at a specific restaurants table. Eventually we got the boot but it didn't really matter because we were almost done anyway and I needed to head to class. Yet again there were only two people in my painting class today. Its like having a semi private painting class, I started a new project using three 80 by 80 canvass, you will just have to wait and see how those bad boys turn out. I was going to go on a treasure hunt with my program in attempt to win 75 euro to a fashion shop but instead I decided that I should probably get some work done before I head to Rome this weekend with the family. Lime Joj and Michelle list are in town this weekend. Unfortunately their visit here has overlapped with the fam fam so I haven't been able to see them yet. I worked on my book arts for for an hour after class because I didn't want to spend my Easter Monday off doing any work, well I actually I don't even have the option to do work because campus is closed. Thank you Jesus. At 8:15 Joj Lime Dara and Effie called up to my window and like Repunzal, I let down my hair and then I walked down the street to meet them. We went over the river and through the woods (well not really through the woods, just over the river and down a few streets) to a unknown restaurant that Dara found in her Lonely Planet book. I am not even sure of the name because it wasn't on the outside of the building but it was the cutest authentic small Italian hole in the wall restaurant with a constantly changing menu. Our waiter became our new best friend, his cute smile and tiny butt chin. Dara and I split a pasta and chicken. We learned that when a waiter points her finger on her cheek and turns it when describing the dessert menu, that means you should order it. We listed to her finger and indeed it was the best decision. We didn't get done with dinner until a after 11, however the night was still young because we still had to go to the club saying "a bay bay". At Marcana tonight, Hurricane Chris was performing his one hit (and only hit) wonder A Bay Bay. The club was hoppin with every jappy American and their mother and cousin, however for once and the only time it was socially acceptable for me hang out with these people, we were able to get a special stamp that let us get up really close to the stage. I have to thank Jason, whoever you may be and wherever you are, you paid for a table at Marcana which enabled me to get in with a stamp and up close action. We got to the club rather late, Ricky Levy got there at 11:30, so with our 12:45 arrival I thought we might have missed "a bay bay" but after two songs from the DJ, Hurricane Chris, made his presence on the stage. The only girl who just happened to be dancing on the stage (actually she was not the only girl,l she was the only white person on the stage) was this girl named Allie, who is in my Italian class, who has not showed up for more than a month. She clearly has been busy. I also ran into another boy who has missed my painting class for two weeks now. He has also been busy getting with other people. I just can stand people like that. I finally ran into Ryan Katz, KC connection. After an hour of Hurricane Chris fun I was exhausted and ready to go home and luckily Lime and Joj were ready to hit the sack, so we all headed back home in the rain. Sniffles Sniffle in the my nose. Not soo good.

wednes day day of march 19thness.

No comments: