Monday, March 17, 2008

The Chomp Heard Round The World.

In book arts I learned yet another way of making a book. This time it was an actual hard back book with a binding, with book cloth in all. I met the Gorilla and her Gorilla mate at Anna's for some afternoon delight. We originally headed to the market to get dried fruit but then decided that it would be fun and delicious to cook dinner tonight. We stopped at Froto's Fruit station and picked up some crack (and by crack I mean the dried fruit must have some time of crack in it because every single time I tell myself that I am not going to eat all of it in one sitting, I find my self scavenging in the very depths of the bag for more and in no time at all they are all gone) The menu for dinner tonight: Chicken topped with mushrooms and tomatoes, garnished with carrots and onions, with a side of broccoli and cauliflower, and some sweet potato fries as a special treat. For dessert, fresh cinnamon apple crisp (minus the crisp). I wandered on over to the Cavour palace to say goodbye to my two little friends before they left for Rome and picked up my makeup along the way. Our photog teacher had a comi-hippie freak out on my class today because none of us were prepared with the right type of film. Our next project is Polaroid transfers but rather than using straight up polaroids, we have to use slide film and then use this pretty sweet mania machine that projects the 35 mm image on a piece of polaroid. Then we take the Polaroid and remove the film by soaking in hot hot hot h20 and we can place the film onto any surface our little hearts desire. It sounds cool and it is actually very cool, however the really un-cool part of about it is that the polaroid film that we have to buy costs 40 euros and the side film costs 8 and to develop the slide film costs another 8 and we have to develop two rolls which means we have to buy two rolls of film, which probably means we will have to buy another pack of paper knowing my comi-hippi teacher. All I have to say is that this project better be pretty cool (actually more than just pretty, over-the-top-makes-you-slobber-gallery-looking-pieces-of-art-cool) I have no fear, it will be amazing. For dinner the Gorilla and her Gorilla mate and I cooked up a feast in the Via dei Ginori hellish kitchen. It was just fabulous until chompety chomp chomp chomp decided that it was socially acceptable to come into our family dinner and use her finger to snatch our food. I wouldn't have had a problem with it if she a. asked to eat some of our food b. if she had used a fork to eat our food c. if she didn't chomp and smack her food like a baby eating baby food with no teeth into a megaphone but she did all of the above and thats when problems started arise. The Gorilla eventually got fed up when after weaseled her greasy fat hands into our sacred pot of sweet potatoes fries, and thank goodness the Gorilla had Gorilla balls to night and she shoo flied her away. She didn't get the very evident social cues were forwarding to her (thinking blinking lights in your eyes) and that we would rather eat OUR dinner with just OURselves tonight because we cooked OUR own meal, instead she proceeded to tell us how the nude model in her painting class was hung like the cinnamon shaker on our table. You thought those words would be enough mental visuals for everyone to understand, and indeed they were for me. But for some reason, she didn't think we got it, so she proceed to take the cinnamon from the table and do a dance with it. This is getting rather graphic for me to write and the visuals that are popping up in my head right now as I write this in bed are going to give me nightmares...ahh. I will never look at my cinnamon shaker the same. We semi-finished our dinner in peace, remembering the good ol' smeaster days and smeaster wonders. We could tell that Pants was going to linger over our leftovers because she had yet to cook herself her own meal even though she continuously said she was hungry that she was going to make dinner, but she just didn't feel like it. Knowing that tomorrow night and the next I wasn't going to be eating at the house, I offered her the left over cauliflower in the pot (the worst part of the meal). It was as if she hadn't eaten in days. Lick, slurp, burp, and work. She worked that bowl clean with chomps that from the kitchen sounded like stomps. I got so nauseous I decided that I would assign the Gorilla mate the "clear the table" job and I would do the dishes instead so that the sound of the water would drown out the chomps. We thought about going out tonight, but instead decided that going to bed was a much better option.


"By the rude bridge that arched the flood,
Their flag to April's breeze unfurled,
Here once the embattled farmers stood
And listened to the CHOMP HEARD ROUND THE WORLD."

postness from 15 of march.
its 2008

No comments: